Wednesday, 23 September 2009

What do you possess if you possess not God?

What do you possess if you possess not God? St. Augustine

I was reading the daily mass readings from this website this morning: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/inspiration.htm#27 and came accross this saying from St Augustine.

Well, how true and wise it is to ask the question, if God is not in your life, then who is?? Definitely it is not no one or nothing. Someone or something else will be taking that place.

Sometimes, not making a decision because it is too difficult or being undecisive automatically leads us to make a choice, even if we did not choose it. How important it is to make decisions and choose what I want for my own life instead of waiting for the decision to be made for me, and eventually agonise over it because I did not choose that for myself; it was simply chosen by default.

So therefore, if I did not choose God, who did I choose to give my life to?

No comments: