Thursday, 28 November 2013

Retreat at Kokol November 2013


The amazing view from my room of the city and the sea....

2 wonderful days of spending time in quiet and listening to God with my colleagues.


Such a view... I was so taken by this, the beauty of the mountain, majestic as it stands, speaking to me of God's presence in my life.


My reflection led me to this plant which described how I felt of my present situation. As much as I would like to see results in my work place, everything looks dark and fruitless. The plant spoke to me of God's promise of newness in the dark. In the middle of the bush, it might look dark but the new branches that were growing were of a lighter green. As I look at a similar plant, I saw its potential of it growing a beautiful tone of purple as its flowers and its fruits are orange in colour...


The just shall flourish like the palm tree,
shall grow like a cedar of Lebanon.
Planted in the house of the Lord,
they shall flourish in the courts of our God.

They shall bear fruit even in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,
To proclaim: “The Lord is just;
my rock, in whom there is no wrong.
Psalm 92:13-16

No comments: