So impressed to see this Gothic designed Cathedral of Guongzhou. Amazingly beautiful inside. Was really taken by the Sunset Mass in Mandarin. The choir played the violin and flute. The congregation was so free and expressive, in their singing and in their praying.
My main objective was to take a look at the Canton Fair that was on. With some encouragement of friends, I was really happy to have made the choice of experiencing an expo like this, so huge and organised. Really an eye and mind opener for endless possibilities of business.
Impressions of Guongzhou
Food Haven
Look what they sell in their supermarket...
My short reflection:
The Chinese are very enterprising. Trading is in their blood. You see people everywhere selling all sorts of things. I experienced the selling in the huge expo right down to street food. Sure, a people who are able to survive with a principle. I have something to exchange with you for something else that I need...
You see people everywhere, all busy going about in their everyday lives, like any big city. People are simple and helpful. Poor people are there too. Still, they seem to be able to get some money begging on the street. Still a way of trading...
It was an honour to be able to see my roots as a Chinese. A closer look to where some of my passion and dreams come from. A little closer to understanding myself....









No comments:
Post a Comment