23rd Jan, 1st day of Chinese New Year.
I attended the funeral of a 92 year old man. He died on the 1st day of Chinese New Year. As I read the life of this man and listened to the eulogy read by his eldest daughter, I was very blessed to have witnessed her conveying her gratitude towards her father. He was indeed a man rich in values and had passed this on to his children, who seem to be successful in various fields.
His son read out a prayer before meals which his father taught them as children; something dear to him; surely, faith is passed on beyond values.
Another daughter came up to share about his father's turning point during the war. He had decided to make the best out of his life seeing destruction all around him during the war. Indeed, he was a prominent man in our city and contributed his energy, expertise and resources to the development of the city, his church and his family.
He was a man who lived his life to the fullest. He was a man who reflected on life and gave his all to see the best happening around him.
Surely, a life of reflection and conscious choices and decisions made, will lead me to where I want to be. I too, would like to live my life to the fullest.
No comments:
Post a Comment