Thursday, 18 November 2010

My new job at Pusat Kebajikan Good Shepherd

On 4th October, I started working with the Good Shepherd. It has been 6 weeks now and I am just starting to discover the various ministries within the organisation... from a Primary school hostel in a village called Pukak and a secondary girls' hostel in Tenghilan to the Youth Drop in centre in Alamesra, where my office is. Then, there are the crisis centres which shelters women in need.


I was in Pukak recently to collect a cheque which was presented to the hostel kids. It was their last day of school and I was moved to see them with their trophies and certificates of full attendance, which was made possible by the hostel service since most of the kids live up to 4 hours walk from the school.

I have begun connecting with some of the girls and they are so sweet... Most would come clinging on to my feet for some "pampering" moments. It's always a joy to see them!


I was amazed to see how well they played together, caring for one another.


They had cooking lessons as part of their Life Skills module. It was fun to see them preparing a meal together.


God, you have again surprised me with your love through this new job and all the people whom I have met and experienced so far! Truly, you are AMAZING!!!

No comments: