Monday, 21 June 2010

School Holidays... 6th - 20th June

My 2 weeks of holidays started with me getting sick... Not sure if it was the tiredness of preparing for the GAC Graduation Party or was it because of the 250 essays from the mid term exam which I had to mark before school starts...

Well anyway, went out with my GAC students and had lunch at Upperstar and tried not to look sick, although I had a terrible headache and a sore throat. It was the last time I'd see some of them as they were flying back to Korea that evening. So, a little (more) sacrifice from the teacher didn't matter...

I was recovering at home with my Salbei tee (Dr Keller's advice) and Zyrtec (Dr Christine Wong's prescription). It took me only 2 days to recover! Thanks doctors!!

Meanwhile, I had visitors coming to learn how to make lasagne.


So those were the pictures taken by Yvonne. Esther and Yvonne prepared the lasagne while Suh & Brenda came to join us for lunch. They were having their semester break and finally had some time to spare to learn how to cook.


In the meantime, Kiddo and Amy from the Philippines came to stay with us while they conducted the Empowered Leadership Seminar together with Fr Steve Tynan and Fr Brian, Australian priests based in Manila.

The girls came to stay overnight at our place too as it made it easier, transport wise, to have everyone in the same place to avoid having to get up too early... While I was busy keeping the house presentable, you can see how they entertained themselves... Suh found the piano, Yvonne and Esther, the bookworms found something to read - the CCC! while Brenda danced for us...


We had a good time together, chatting, laughing, sharing life while I marked the exam papers... So, it was definitely not an eventless holiday! Got adopted as mum and dad to these 4 girls!




On the last day of the seminar, we managed to send the team off at the airport. It was a great time, seeing God move over the 3 days, seeing these great people share about God and seeing our daughters getting so excited about being our daughters...

No comments: