Friday, 16 May 2008

Hello Rome!!

Derek was in Rome for 10 days helping out with some practical work at the Cappellos residence. In the meantime, he had the opportunity to go sightseeing and snap some shots.

I was in Rome from the 6th till the 15th of May. The main task was to help out the Cappellos to prepare their home for a major renovation. Our mission leaders have been busy with various projects, so we (Edgard and I) were asked to help out. That was what we did.

The day after we arrived till the day before we left, we were packing, moving, carrying and cleaning. That was a change to the normal thing that I was doing in Allerheiligen.

During the weekend, we spent our days around Rome city and the vatican. One of my highlights was climbing the stairs to the top of the dome at the Vatican. It was more than 500 steps!

I am glad for this change of work for a week. It has given me time to think about future, life, vision, mission. Praying that all these will lead us to a greater commitment to the call God has placed in our hearts.

No comments: